The New David’s Restaurant At Live! Hotel Serves Up Global Cuisine, Breakfast All Day, and Local Favorites
Wednesday, May 30 2018
Hi-res images of Maryland Live! Casino are available to members of the media, group sales and hotel representatives, and tour/meeting planners by email request only. Please note that these images are not available to private individuals for personal use.
Requests should include full contact information - including name, organization, phone and email - and the purpose for which the photos will be used. Incomplete requests will not be considered.
The New David’s Restaurant At Live! Hotel Serves Up Global Cuisine, Breakfast All Day, and Local Favorites Inspired By The Cordish Companies’ Chairman David Cordish
Menu Showcases Flavors from The Chairman’s Travels Throughout the New World, Mediterranean, Pacific Rim, and Hometown Flavors from Maryland
The flagship Live! Hotel, which opens to the public on June 6, 2018, the 6th Anniversary of the Live! Casino opening, will treat guests to global flavors and 24-hour breakfast at the property’s newest restaurant, DAVID’S. Inspired by and named for The Cordish Companies’ Chairman David Cordish, David’s features an eclectic menu of culinary creations reflecting The Chairman’s favorite tastes from around the world.
Open 24/7, David’s offers a luxurious, yet comfortable, atmosphere just off the lively hotel lobby and steps from the bustling gaming floor. Menu selections feature large portions, perfect for sharing, bursting with flavors from the New World, Pacific Rim, Mediterranean, and local Maryland delicacies. Guests can also enjoy hand-crafted cocktails, fine wine, and house-made desserts.
“This restaurant is a true expression of some of my favorite dishes from all over the world, and my love for a good, hearty breakfast,” said David Cordish, Chairman, The Cordish Companies. “It is a special experience to walk through the restaurant and see beloved family photos while enjoying exotic aromas mixed with the familiar scents of Maryland. I’m thrilled with what our culinary team has created with this menu and I’m excited to share it with our guests.”
“Under the direction of Executive Chef Edward Evans and Chef de Cuisine James Johnson, our culinary team has designed an experience that takes guests on a global journey with traditional and non-traditional ingredients and spices they may not have tasted before,” said Robert Tedesco, Senior Vice President of Operations and Assistant General Manager of Live! Casino & Hotel. “This team knows David Cordish well and has done a masterful job at translating his vision into a unique culinary experience.”
Executive Chef Ed Evans, who has worked at Live! Casino since 2015, oversees the entire portfolio of restaurants on the property, including the region’s Zagat #1 rated Prime Rib Steakhouse and the popular Luk Fu Asian restaurant on the casino floor. Chef de Cuisine James Johnson, who joined the Live! team in February 2018, will oversee day-to-day operations and staffing for DAVID’s, and manage future menu development. Chef Johnson previously worked at Lumiere Place Casino and Hotel and River City Casino, both in St. Louis.
Highlights from the DAVID’S menu include:
Breakfast All Day
- Buttermilk Pan “Cakes,” a stack of 3-inch-thick pancakes served with honey butter and maple syrup ($13)
- Smoked Salmon served with apples, mustard vinaigrette, dill cream cheese and bagel chips ($17)
- Crab Hash made with jumbo lump crab meat, hash browns, bell peppers, poached eggs and Old Bay hollandaise ($21)
- Chicken Wing Lollipops, deep fried with Chesapeake hot sauce ($12)
- Skillet Cornbread with honey butter and fresh strawberry jam ($10)
- Corn and Crab Bisque, made with roasted corn, sherry and cream ($11)
- Fried Chicken & Waffle, with chili-spiked maple syrup ($14)
- David’s Chopped Steak, served with whipped potatoes, gravy, asparagus and porcini butter ($20)
- Pastrami Spiced Ribeye, with charred onions, steak fries, asparagus and mustard demi ($38)
- The Giant Meatball and Spaghetti, a mozzarella-stuffed meatball served with marinara and shaved parmesan ($19)
- Eggplant Stack, with marinara, mozzarella, tomato insalata and whipped herb ricotta ($16)
- Hot and Sour Sea Bass, with baby bok choy, enoki mushrooms and lobster broth ($34)
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs, with ginger carrots and kim chi rice ($32)
- Thai Basil Clams, with crispy pork belly, shellfish stock and thai basil ($21)
- Crab on Crab, a Maryland crab cake served on a crab shell, with steak fries, cole slaw and remoulade ($27)
- Rock Fish Imperial, served with mashed potatoes and asparagus ($28)
- Steamed Shrimp, served with drawn butter, corn and potatoes ($23)
The Lobby Bar at DAVID’S features specialty craft cocktails, including:
- Jalapeno Honey Paloma, made with Casa Noble Reposado tequila, grapefruit juice, honey and jalapeno infused syrup ($12)
- Cucumber Moon Martini, prepared with Absolut Citron vodka, elderflower liqueur, lime juice, simple syrup and muddled cucumbers ($12)
- David’s Tea for Two, featuring Absolut Elyx vodka, chilled green tea, freshly squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup and pomegranate juice ($25)
- New Old Fashioned, made with Knob Creek bourbon, St. Germain elderflower, a splash of ginger ale, orange, and lemon luxardo cherries ($12)
For information, visit LiveCasinoHotel.com
About Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country, located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor, just off I-95, Route 100 and the B/W Parkway at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, Live! Casino features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms. NOW OPEN - the new Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio, the region’s first full-service outdoor gaming area that allows casino patrons to smoke. The property offers world-class dining and entertainment, including the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood Express; Luk Fu, serving authentic Asian cuisine; 8 at Luk Fu, featuring sushi and sashimi; Morty’s, a traditional New York-style deli; and En Vivo, with classic varieties of soft tacos and burritos. A sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the Live! experience. The new Live! Hotel features 310 luxury guest rooms, the Live! Spa; David’s, a 24-hour café; Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; The Lobby Bar at David’s; and a new 1,500-seat Performance Hall, featuring headline entertainment and more than 20,000-square-feet of meeting and event space. Enjoy secure covered parking with valet service and a free self-park garage with Park Assist® and direct elevator access to the casino floor. The newly-renovated Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino, features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space. For reservations, call 443-445-2929, or book online at LiveCasinoHotel.com. Live! Casino & Hotel and Live! Lofts are owned and operated by a company that is affiliated with The Cordish Companies. Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit LiveCasinoHotel.com or LiveCasino.social. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For employment opportunities, visit LiveCasinoHotel.com/jobs.
About The Cordish Companies
The Cordish Companies’ origins date back to 1910 and encompass four generations of privately-held, family ownership. During the past ten decades, The Cordish Companies has grown into a global leader in Commercial Real Estate; Co-working Spaces; Entertainment Districts; Gaming; Hotels; International Development; Private Equity; Residential; Restaurants; and Sports-Anchored Developments. One of the largest and most respected developers in the world, The Cordish Companies has been awarded an unprecedented seven Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence for public-private developments that are of unique significance to the cities in which they are located. Prime examples are The Cordish Companies’ prominent role in the redevelopment of Baltimore’s world famous Inner Harbor; Philadelphia, PA; Atlantic City, NJ; Charleston, SC; Houston, TX; Louisville, KY; Kansas City, MO and St. Louis, MO. In addition, The Cordish Companies has developed and operates multiple highly acclaimed entertainment destinations throughout the United States which welcome over 50 million visitors per year and are the most visited destinations in their respective regions. Over the generations, The Cordish Companies has remained true to the family’s core values of quality, entrepreneurial spirit, long-term personal relationships and integrity. As a testimony to the long-term vision of its family leadership, The Cordish Companies still owns and manages virtually every business it has created. For more information visit www.cordish.com or follow us on Twitter.
“The Cordish Companies,” “The Cordish Company” and “Cordish” are trademarks used under license by independent corporations, legal liability companies and partnerships (“Cordish Entities”). Each Cordish Entity is a separate, single-purpose legal entity that is solely responsible for its obligations and liabilities. No common operations or financial interdependency, and no intermingling of assets or liabilities of the Cordish Entities exists, or should be deemed to exist, as a result of the potential common reference to multiple independent entities operating under the names “Cordish,” “The Cordish Companies” or “The Cordish Company” here or elsewhere.