Grammy Award Winning Singer and Songwriter Dwight Yoakam to Perform with Sugarcane Jane at Live! Casino & Hotel on August 17
Tour Features New Music along with Chart Topping Songs like “Honky Tonk Man” and “Ain’t That Lonely Yet”
GRAMMY AWARD WINNING singer, songwriter, actor and pioneer of hip honky tonk style country music DWIGHT YOAKAM will perform with SUGARCANE JANE, an Americana-style music duo, on Saturday, August 17, 2019 at Live! Casino & Hotel.
Showtime is 8:00 pm. Tickets starting at $45 and can be purchased online at LiveCasinoHotel.com
Dwight Yoakam has sold more than 25 million albums worldwide, and he is a 21-time nominated, multiple GRAMMY Award winner. He has 12 gold albums and 9 platinum or multi-platinum albums, with five of those albums topping Billboard’s Country Albums chart and another 14 landing in the Top 10. Nearly 40 of Yoakam’s singles have charted on Billboard, with 14 peaking in the Top 10. He is also the recipient of the Artist of the Year award from the Americana Music Association, the most prestigious award offered by the organization.
In addition to his musical career, Yoakam is a formidable film and television actor who has appeared in over 40 feature films including Sling Blade and Panic Room. In 2016, he recurred in David E. Kelley’s Amazon series Goliath. He has also appeared in director Steven Soderbergh’s film Logan Lucky with Channing Tatum and Daniel Craig. Yoakam is capable of seamlessly melting into his roles and impressively standing toe-to-toe with some of the world’s top thespians over the course of his storied and successful acting career, including Jodie Foster, Tommy Lee Jones, Jared Leto, Forest Whitaker, and Matthew McConaughey.
Sugarcane Jane, an Americana-style husband and wife music duo, will also join Yoakam on stage to perform their latest album “Southern State of Mind.”
UPCOMING ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE – PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
LIVE! EVENT CENTER HEADLINERS
- Friday, May 17
- 8:00pm | Tickets Starting at $35
FAMILY FEUD LIVE – CELEBRITY EDITION
- Friday, May 31
- 2:00pm and 8:00pm | Tickets Starting at $25
- Friday, June 14
- 7:30pm (SOLD OUT) & 10:00pm | Tickets Starting at $30
- Friday, June 28
- 8:00pm | Tickets Starting at $45
- Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13
- 8:00pm | Tickets Starting at $30
DWIGHT YOAKAM AND SUGARCANE JANE
- Saturday, August 17
- 8:00pm | Tickets Starting at $45
- 5/3 – Groove Live! featuring The Uptown Band & DJ Joey Dino, 9pm
- 5/4 – Live! Saturday Night featuring The Jump Off & DJ Rashaun, 9pm
- 5/5 – Cinco De Mayo Party featuring Steal The Sky & DJ Karma, 6pm ($10 cover)
- 5/6 – Lunes Latino featuring KayaDance Company, 8pm
- 5/7 – Tune Up Tuesday featuring Cutting Edge Dueling Pianos Party Band, 8pm
- 5/8 – Worry Free Wednesday featuring Unity Reggae, 6pm
- 5/9 – Karaoke Live! featuring The Morning After, 8pm ($5 cover)
- 5/10 – Groove Live! featuring Hunkajunk & DJ Aiden Scott, 9pm
- 5/11 – Live! Saturday Night featuring Junkfood & DJ Jealousy, 9pm
- 5/12 – Send Me Back Sundays! featuring The Real Geniuses & DJ Karma, 6pm
- 5/13 – Lunes Latino featuring KayaDance Company, 8pm
- 5/14 – Tune Up Tuesday featuring Cutting Edge Dueling Pianos Party Band, 8pm
- 5/15 – Worry Free Wednesday featuring 9 Mile Roots, 6pm
- 5/16 – Karaoke Live! featuring RockX, 8pm ($5 cover)
- 5/17 – Groove Live! featuring Soul Expressions & DJ Joey Dino, 9pm
- 5/18 – Live! Saturday Night featuring Sly 45 & Tezrah, 9pm
- 5/19 – Send Me Back Sundays! featuring Quasi Flannel & DJ Karma, 6pm
- 5/20 – Lunes Latino featuring KayaDance Company, 8pm
- 5/21 – Tune Up Tuesday featuring Cutting Edge Dueling Pianos Party Band, 8pm
- 5/22 – Worry Free Wednesday featuring Proverbs Reggae, 6pm
- 5/23 – Karaoke Live! featuring 24K, 8pm ($5 cover)
- 5/24 – Groove Live! featuring DC Transit Band & DJ Remedy, 9pm
- 5/25 – Live! Saturday Night featuring M-80 & DJ Jealousy, 9pm
- 5/26 – Send Me Back Sundays! featuring The Fringe Benefits & DJ Karma, 6pm
- 5/27 – Lunes Latino featuring KayaDance Company, 8pm
- 5/28 – Tune Up Tuesday featuring Cutting Edge Dueling Pianos Party Band, 8pm
- 5/29 – Worry Free Wednesday featuring Unity Reggae, 6pm
- 5/30 – Karaoke Live! featuring 24K, 8pm ($5 cover)
- 5/31 – Groove Live! featuring Johnny Artis Band & DJ Tecnique, 9pm
For ticket prices and/or to purchase tickets, visit www.livecasinohotel.com.
About Live! Casino & Hotel
Live! Casino & Hotel is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country, located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor, just off I-95, Route 100 and the B/W Parkway at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7/365, the property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines; two High Limit rooms; and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio. Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations, including 310 luxury guest rooms; the Live! Spa; world-class dining, featuring the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s. A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, featuring 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience. Enjoy secure covered parking with valet service and a free self-park garage with Park Assist® and direct elevator access to the casino floor. The newly-renovated Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino, features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space. For reservations, call 443-445-2929, or book online at LiveCasinoHotel.com. Live! Casino & Hotel and Live! Lofts are owned and operated by a company that is affiliated with The Cordish Companies. Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit LiveCasinoHotel.com or LiveCasino.social. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For employment opportunities, visit www.LiveCasinoHotel.com/jobs.
About The Cordish Companies
The Cordish Companies’ origins date back to 1910 and encompass four generations of privately-held, family ownership. During the past ten decades, The Cordish Companies has grown into a global leader in Commercial Real Estate; Entertainment Districts; Sports-Anchored Developments; Gaming; Hotels; Residential Properties; Restaurants; International Development; Coworking Spaces; and Private Equity. One of the largest and most respected developers in the world, The Cordish Companies has been awarded an unprecedented seven Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence for public-private developments that are of unique significance to the cities in which they are located. The Cordish Companies has developed and operates highly acclaimed dining, entertainment and hospitality destinations throughout the United States, many falling under The Cordish Companies’ Live! Brand, highly regarded as one of the premier entertainment brands in the country. In gaming, The Cordish Companies has developed among the most successful casino hotel resorts in the world including the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa and Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland. Welcoming over 50 million visitors per year, these developments are among the highest profile dining, entertainment, gaming, hotel and sports-anchored destinations in the country. Over the generations, The Cordish Companies has remained true to the family’s core values of quality, entrepreneurial spirit, long-term personal relationships, and integrity. As a testimony to the long-term vision of its family leadership, The Cordish Companies still owns and manages virtually every business it has created. For more information visit www.cordish.com or follow us on Twitter.
“The Cordish Companies,” “The Cordish Company” and “Cordish” are trademarks used under license by independent corporations, legal liability companies and partnerships (“Cordish Entities”). Each Cordish Entity is a separate, single-purpose legal entity that is solely responsible for its obligations and liabilities. No common operations or financial interdependency, and no intermingling of assets or liabilities of the Cordish Entities exists, or should be deemed to exist, as a result of the potential common reference to multiple independent entities operating under the names “Cordish,” “The Cordish Companies” or “The Cordish Company” here or elsewhere.