Location: Event Center
Tickets: Starting at $35 + Receive $10 Free Slot Play with each purchased ticket!
KC and The Sunshine Band has celebrated over 40 years of making booties shake. They gave a voice to a generation, helped define an entire culture and continue to make an impact today. With over four decades of success, the group, led by Harry Wayne “KC” Casey, has been in a state of constant renewal in their niche of cultural relevancy–thanks in part to their music being featured in numerous motion picture soundtracks, television shows and national advertising campaigns.
KC and The Sunshine Band formed in 1973 with one single purpose: to create instant happiness through music - and the group has done just that, topping the charts with singles including “That’s the Way (I Like It),” “Get Down Tonight,” and “(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty,” tallying worldwide sales of over 100 million, and receiving numerous awards. In 2013, KC was honored with two distinct Lifetime Achievement Awards, made several television appearances and earned a new star on the Palm Springs Walk of Fame in his home state of Florida, which accompanies his previously awarded national recognition of a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. KC and The Sunshine Band continue to tour heavily throughout the U.S. and internationally, as well as colaborate and appear with other superstars.
Harry Wayne Casey (b. January 31, 1951) – KC for short — got his start while working at the record store at TK Records in Hialeah, FL, where he often made deliveries and completed other odd jobs, hoping to be able to spend time in the studio after hours for free. There, he met Henry Stone, and in 1973, signed a contract with TK and formed KC and The Sunshine Band”. The result was the development of a unique fusion of Caribbean, R&B and funk music dubbed the “Miami sound” – a sound that grabbed the hearts and minds of listeners and compelled them to get out of their seats and onto the dance floor!
Notable Awards and Honors
- Triple Platinum Album Sales – Over 100 Million Records Sold
- Featured In Over 200 Movies, Films, TV Commercials & Ad Campaigns including the recent blockbuster hit, KINGSMAN: The Secret Service and the Lily Pulitzer/Target ad campaign
- Multiple No. 1 Hits Include: GET DOWN TONIGHT, THAT’S THE WAY (I LIKE IT), BOOGIE SHOES, (SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE) SHAKE YOUR BOOTY, I’M YOUR BOOGIE MAN, PLEASE DON’T GO, and more
- Winner of American Music Award (Best R&B Artist) in 1975
- FIRST Act Since The Beatles To Score FOUR No. 1 Pop Singles in One 12-Month Period
- Winner, THREE GRAMMY Awards, including Album of The Year (Saturday Night Fever)
- Winner, NARAS Governor’s Award, highest honor given by chapter of the Academy (2001)
- Has Star On Hollywood Walk of Fame (2002)
- Two-Time Winner of Lifetime Achievement Awards (2013)